As a business owner or marketing professional, you know that LinkedIn is a powerful platform for building relationships and growing your business. But what about using LinkedIn for content marketing?
What is content marketing? Content marketing is all about creating and sharing valuable content that attracts and engages your target audience. The goal is to build relationships with your target market by providing them with information that is relevant and helpful to them.
If you’re looking to build a strong LinkedIn presence, developing a content strategy is essential. By creating and sharing high-quality content, you can connect with potential customers and clients, establish yourself as an expert in your field, and drive traffic back to your website or blog.
1. Define your target audience
Before you can start creating content, you need to know who you’re creating it for. Who is your target audience? What are their needs and interests?
Answering these questions will help you create content that resonates with your audience and drives results.
To get started, take a look at your current customer base. Who are they? What do they do? What are their interests? Use this information to create a buyer persona, or a fictional representation of your ideal customer.
Once you have a buyer persona, you’ll have a better idea of the kinds of content that will appeal to them. You can also use this information to find where your target audience hangs out online so you can reach them more effectively.
2. Identify your goals
Now that you know who you’re creating content for, it’s time to set some goals. What do you want to achieve with your LinkedIn content strategy?
Do you want to generate leads? Drive traffic to your website? Increase brand awareness? Boost engagement? All of the above?
Be specific then setting goals for your content strategy. This will help you create content that is aligned with your business objectives and more likely to drive results.
3. Brainstorm content ideas
Now it’s time to start coming up with ideas for your LinkedIn content. To get the creative juices flowing, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Share blog posts: If you have a company blog, share your latest post on LinkedIn. This is a great way to generate traffic back to your website and show off your thought leadership.
- Post industry news: Keep your LinkedIn followers up-to-date on the latest industry news. You can share articles and infographics, or even write your own post summarising the news.
- Share photos and videos: Photos and videos are a great way to add interest to your LinkedIn profile. Share behind-the-scenes shots of your office, product photos, or customer testimonial videos.
- Start a discussion: Get people talking by starting a discussion on a relevant topic. You could ask for opinions on an industry issue, recommend a helpful resource, or simply share your thoughts on a recent news story.
- Run a contest: Hosting a contest is a great way to increase engagement and grow your following. Offer a prize that will appeal to your target audience, and promote the contest across your other social media channels for maximum exposure.
4. Create compelling content
Now that you have some ideas for content, it’s time to start creating! When developing your content, keep the following tips in mind:
- Be helpful: People are more likely to engage with content that is helpful and informative. Share tips, resources, and advice that will help your audience in their day-to-day lives.
- Be interesting: It’s important to keep your content interesting and engaging. Use strong headlines, add visuals, and write in an accessible style.
- Be personal: Share your story and let your personality shine through. This will help you connect with your audience on a personal level and make your content more relatable.
- Be consistent: The key to any successful content strategy is consistency. Make sure to post regularly and stick to a schedule that works for you.
5. Promote your content
Once you’ve created some great content, it’s time to start promoting it! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Share on social media: Use your other social media channels to promote your LinkedIn content. This will help you reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your profile.
- Add to email newsletters: If you have an email newsletter, make sure to include links to your LinkedIn content. This is a great way to generate leads and direct people back to your profile.
- Include in blog posts: If you have a company blog, include links to your LinkedIn content in your posts. You can also embed LinkedIn posts directly into your blog for maximum exposure.
- Link from your website: Add links to your LinkedIn content on your website or blog. This will help you drive traffic from other sources back to your profile.
6. Analyse your results
The final step in any content strategy is analysis. It’s important to track the performance of your content and see what’s working well. LinkedIn provides some great built-in analytics tools to help you do this.
To access your analytics, go to your profile and click on “Posts & Activity”. Clicking “Analytics” under a post will show you the following analytics (based on the type of post):
- Impression demographics
- Article performance
- Article viewer demographics
- Video performance
- Video viewer demographics
You can also use third-party tools to track the performance of your LinkedIn content. This will give you even more insights into how people are interacting with your profile.
By analysing your results, you can fine-tune your content strategy including who you engage and connect with, how often you provide content, and how you distribute that content, and ensure that you’re creating content that is aligned with your business goals.
A strong LinkedIn content strategy can help you build a large network of connections, which can be useful for both personal and business purposes. By sharing interesting and informative content on a regular basis, you will keep your profile active and engaging, which will encourage others to connect with you. Additionally, by connecting with other LinkedIn users who share your interests, you can expand your professional network and potentially open up new business opportunities.
If you’re looking to build a strong presence on LinkedIn, then creating and following a content strategy is essential. By sharing quality content on a regular basis, you can engage with other users, expand your network, and open up new business opportunities. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your LinkedIn content strategy today!
Other Social Media Marketing Resources
Would you like us a FREE social media audit? Let’s schedule a call: https://calendly.com/metricconnect
Top 10 Mistakes Businesses Make on Social Media: https://metricconnect.co.uk/top-10-mistakes-businesses-make-on-social-media/
How to Build a Better B2B Social Media Marketing Strategy: https://metricconnect.co.uk/how-to-build-a-better-b2b-social-media-marketing-strategy/